[Gpg4win-users-en] unknown key

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 24 14:55:16 CEST 2013

Hi Bob,

On Wednesday 05 June 2013 at 16:07:01, Bob Henson wrote:
> I notice that on an encrypted message sent from one of my a.k.a.s to
> another the signature shows up in Kleopatra as a bright green box saying
> "test: Signature is valid. Signed on 2013-05-22 11:24 with unknown
> certificate". The key listed is an RSA signing subkey for my main key on my
> keyring and has full user trust and is self signed - so why is it listed as
> an unknown certificate?

I take it you checked a signature on a file.
For more analysis, can you try the verification on the command line,
something like

  gpg2.exe --verify yourfile.sig

> If this were sent from someone else it would have
> taken me ages to work out that it was not an "unknown" key - I would have
> had to go through all the keys on my keyring checking the subkeys one by
> one.

True, it probably should not happen.
So we need to make it a reproducable report next.

Thanks for the feedback!

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner