[Gpg4win-users-en] .tmp files in installer

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jun 26 19:12:13 CEST 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:07, nabber00 at gmail.com said:
> Hi, I noticed when opening the latest version of the installer (2.1.1) in
> 7-Zip there are a lot of duplicate files that add .tmp to the end.  Seems

This is also the case for 2.1.0 and probably all earlier versions.  The
foo.tmp versions are required for those executables and DLLs which might
still be active.  They are installed as tmp and added to a list of files
to be renamed after a reboot.

7z does not print very detailed information. Nevertheless I assume that
it detects duplicated files and only adds a second entry to the
directory pointing to the same offset.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner