[Gpg4win-users-en] Upgrade dumped keyring files

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Dec 3 11:17:35 CET 2014

Hi Phil,

On Wednesday 03 December 2014 at 00:13:44, Phil Kane wrote:
> I recently upgraded gpg4win 2.2.1 to 2.2.3 on a computer running 32-bit
> Windows 7 and my keyring files apparently disappeared because they are
> now empty.

Any idea why they are empty now?
(Technical background: Kleopatra (and the other applications) only use the
GnuPG backend and GnuPG would not throw away user data.)

> I have a full backup of the 2.2.1 installation.  Which files
> do I need to restore to get my keyrings entries back?

If you only use OpenPGP bringing back the user folder should have all
configurations and public and private certificates. (You need more if you had
a system wide installation using S/MIME.)
http://gpg4win.de/doc/en/gpg4win-compendium_28.html

Best,
Bernhard.:
Flattr Gpg4win at https://flattr.com/thing/2053326,
     if you appreciate my work for Gpg4win.
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner