[Gpg4win-users-en] Plan for new Gpg4win with GnuPG 2.0.24?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jun 27 10:12:44 CEST 2014

On Thursday 26 June 2014 at 18:21:08, Kosuke Kaizuka wrote:
> Thanks for quick reply.

Thanks for your question!

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:14:21 +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Will hkps access become available in 2.2.2?

https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6436&group_id>=11&atid=126

I can't tell yet, we are currently thinking of doing a smaller 2.2.2
to be closer to the security release and follow up with 2.2.3 with less
important minor improvements.

> > We estimate that there will be a full 2.1.0 within a few months and
> > then need to decide if we do a) a release with just the 2.1.0
> > inside and a second release with integration in the uiserver, the
> > documentation and testing later
> >
> > or
> >
> > b) do a full integration first and then do the release.
>
> It seems to be difficult to decide which choice is better.

Yes, it depends a bit on possible funding and on how much time the current
core developers have to do progress. (That is mainly Werner and Andre with
some help with Emanuel.)

We are also toying with making a working list in the wiki and see if people
like to help. That still needs time to check the improvements and do a test
from the current core devs.

Best Regards,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner