[Gpg4win-users-en] Fwd: Malware Detected - gpg4win v.2.2.3 downloads.

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Nov 28 10:20:15 CET 2014

Hi,

On Thursday, November 27, 2014 03:06:01 PM Phil Kane wrote:
> Is this a "false alert" during attempts to upgrade installations on Win
> 7 computers:
>
> VIPRE! Internet Security program has detected a "Trojan" in both the
> Full downloaded package and the Light downloaded package and reported as
> follows:

Yes, nearly every release we have a handful of "Security Solutions" that
heuristically match some patterns in our package. In those cases the best
thing you can do to help us is to send a message to the producer of your "Anti
Virus" Software asking them to confirm that it is a false positive and update
their signatures.

They usually react pretty quickly.

I guess the fact that Gpg4win contains Cryptography is enough these days to
match some parts of malware that include the same crypto algorithms for
malicious purposes. Though sometimes their results just feel random.

Best Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  |  http://www.intevation.de/