[Gpg4win-users-en] 2 gpg4win installations

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Apr 9 08:21:22 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Monday, April 9, 2018 12:32:22 PM CEST Castie wrote:
> Can   there   be   a   simultaneous  installation and usage of gpg4win
> (official last release & Beta) as long they are in different folders?.

Not really. The plugins GpgOL and GpgEX will only be taken from the latest
version. Also GnuPG is placed in the PATH environment variable. So there will
also be the latest one installed preferred.
Also both installations would by default share the same data (home) dir.

What you could do would be to create one version as a portable installation
with the mkportable tool.

( See the third bullet point on: https://www.gpg4win.org/download.html )

This would allow you to create a self contained directory with its own home
directory in which you could launch kleopatra and or GPA (or GnuPG itself)
without interfering with the rest of your system.

Currently though I would recommend just using the beta. It's pretty far along
and so far I know of no release blockers, so that beta might become the stable
version later this week.

Best Regards,
Andre

--