[Gpg4win-users-en] ECC key

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Apr 16 09:58:45 CEST 2018

Hi Castie,

Am Samstag 14 April 2018 14:58:24 schrieb Castie:
> I heard that there is another set of keys in  short ECC key.

can you give a pointer to what you've heard or explain it in more details?
So far I'm not sure I understand your questions well enough to answer it.

> I do not know about it but still want to ask what the features are and
> if gpg4win is supporting it.

Gpg4win supports all crypto algorithms that its crypto backend GnuPG supports,
which is quite a lot. ECC is
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic-curve_cryptography
there are different curves, algorithms with ECC and ways to implement them.

Best Regards,