[Inteproxy-devel] inteproxy now requires lxml

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Wed Feb 7 21:07:13 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 20:36, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 20:05, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> > The fix for issue #260 (POST requests for OWSProxy) required an XML
> > parsers that would report namespaces with the prefixes used in the XML
> > document. Unfortunately, the parsers that come with the python standard
> > library cannot do this, so a third-party module had to be used.  The one
> > I used is lxml[1] which is a python binding to libxml and libxslt.
>
> Does this work for Windows as well?

I haven't tested it yet, but a windows installer is available from the python
cheeseshop:

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/lxml/1.1.2

> Is #260 solved with this implementation?

In principle, yes.  Currently the code assumes that all POST requests contain
XML and if the XML contains a GetFeature element the username and password
are added regardless of the host.  So it's not an ideal solution.  But it
should work with OWSProxy now.