[Inteproxy-devel] InteProxy 0.2.0 released

Chris Tweedie chrislist at narx.net
Sun Jun 17 07:28:22 CEST 2007

Hi Jan / List

Its been a while since i checked out the 0.2 release and my thoughts are below,

1. Still cant compile on windows :( All the tests pass, all the modules are there, i have copied the _elementtree.pyc as described in the documentation .... it builds ok. But as soon as i launch inteproxy.exe it throws

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "InteProxy.py", line 16, in <module>
  File "inteproxy\main.pyc", line 18, in <module>
  File "inteproxy\transcoder.pyc", line 15, in <module>
  File "lxml\etree.pyc", line 12, in <module>
  File "lxml\etree.pyc", line 10, in __load
  File "etree.pyx", line 33, in etree
ImportError: No module named _elementpath

Is there an easy py test i could fun to try and determine whats going on?

2. Inteproxy needs to be able to parse the OWS Getcapabilities response and replace the OnlineResource URLS.

eg. Instead of

- <OnlineResource xlink:href="https://my.secure.com/service/wms?"/>

Inteproxy should regexp the XML doc and replace it with

- <OnlineResource xlink:href="http://localhost:64609/my.secure.com/service/wms?"/>

How the code is currently, i dont see how Inteproxy does what it says it does. Those clients who dont support SSL / basic authentication will still fail trying to get the features/maps.

I'd love to be able to help but cant do much if i cant compile the sucker!

Chris Tweedie

On Fri, 18 May 2007 16:24:09 +0200, "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> finally the new version is there. Get it from
> http://wald.intevation.org/frs/?group_id=23
>
> There is a Windows installer as well, for English and German.
> The documentation is quite extended and also in sync
> (German/English).
>
> This release is a major step as it introduces a GUI and
> the ability to act as a HTTP Proxy.
> Another important new feature is the dialog on Fees & accessConstraints.
>
> Have fun and please report any experiences.
>
> All the best
>
> 	Jan
>
> --
> Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner                        Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück
> Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998             http://www.intevation.de/
> Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
Chris Tweedie