[Inteproxy-devel] InteProxy 0.2.0 released

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Fri Jun 22 15:08:52 CEST 2007

Hi Chris,

sorry for the delay, I was all over busy with other things this week.

On Sonntag, 17. Juni 2007, Chris Tweedie wrote:
> 1. Still cant compile on windows :( All the tests pass, all the modules are there, i have copied the _elementtree.pyc as described in the documentation .... it builds ok. But as soon as i launch inteproxy.exe it throws
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "InteProxy.py", line 16, in <module>
>   File "inteproxy\main.pyc", line 18, in <module>
>   File "inteproxy\transcoder.pyc", line 15, in <module>
>   File "lxml\etree.pyc", line 12, in <module>
>   File "lxml\etree.pyc", line 10, in __load
>   File "etree.pyx", line 33, in etree
> ImportError: No module named _elementpath
>
> Is there an easy py test i could fun to try and determine whats going on?

maybe try to copy _elementpath.pyc just like you did with _elementtree.pyc.
However, maybe something is not correct with the python paths.

I guess I have to restart with a fresh Windows XP and deocument
each step on how to get to a development environment for InteProxy.

> 2. Inteproxy needs to be able to parse the OWS Getcapabilities response and replace the OnlineResource URLS.
>
> eg. Instead of
>
> - <OnlineResource xlink:href="https://my.secure.com/service/wms?"/>
>
> Inteproxy should regexp the XML doc and replace it with
>
> - <OnlineResource xlink:href="http://localhost:64609/my.secure.com/service/wms?"/>
>
> How the code is currently, i dont see how Inteproxy does what it says it does. Those clients who dont support SSL / basic authentication will still fail trying to get the features/maps.

we observed that we in fact found no WMS client that uses the full URLs the come as
an answer to GetCapabilities. Only the path, not the host, is taken to build the new requests.
Thus, the problem practically did never appear over here.
There might exist client who get troubled though indeed. In case we find one, we can add
a request-rewrite.

However, using the HTTP-Proxy method does avoid this problem anyway.

> I'd love to be able to help but cant do much if i cant compile the sucker!

In which aspects are you interested most?

Best

	Jan