[Inteproxy-devel] Proposal for extending the Windows Installer

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Wed Jun 11 14:26:24 CEST 2008

On Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2008, Stephan Holl wrote:
> > Deinstallation routine should:
> >  * Remove "http_proxy" settings upon request (perhaps a checkbox
> > "Remove system wide environment variable http_proxy settings.")
>
> shouldnt we restore the proxy-sitution as it was before installation of
> InteProxy?

this is what I intend. Other methods are possible like storing
the original settings somewhere under "originalSettings".

> We need to make sure that all system-users have a Desktop-Icon on their
> desktop which can be editable. This is needed to pass the
> config-file-name and other stuff to the inteproxy start, which can be
> different for different users on that computer.

Should be optional. In some cases you do not want
to have all 200 accounts give the icon while only 20 of them
are GIS users.

> > Anything forgotten?
> > (further things come to mind such as autostart stuff but perhaps
> > this is something to be done later on)
>
> It would be neccessary to start inteproxy during autostart when
> choosing option 3 above, otherwise no network will be available.

indeed! This make InteProxy run for those 180 non-GIS
users, but we can't help it for this installtion scenario.

> yes, also some artwork (nice icons, etc.)

sure :-)

Best

	Jan