[MXD2map-devel] Operating system cannot execute javascript.dll

geo.guide at web.de geo.guide at web.de
Wed Jan 30 14:24:45 CET 2013

Hi André,

>This is most likely a missing runtime dll. To see what is missing you can use depends
>( http://www.dependencywalker.com/ ) and open the javascript.dll with that. It will show you why > it can't be loaded. My guess is that it is the microsoft c++ redistributabe. >http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=29

Actually there is no 'javascript.dll', only a 'javamapscript.dll' in the search path ('C:Programme\MXD2map\mapserver\bin\ms\java\').

When I open 'javamapscript.dll' Dependency Walker shows 'Error: at least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found'. This concerns the modules LIBMAP.DLL and ZLIB1.DLL. No idea where they should be.

>It would be great if you could update the installation dokumentation
>( http://hg.intevation.de/geospatial/mxd2map/raw-file/a42923463527/INSTALL.txt )
>When you finally succeed so that other won't run into your problems again.

Allright, would I have to send the edited file to you, another specific address or just post it here on the mailing list ?

Regards, Christine