[MXD2map-devel] Operating system cannot execute javascript.dll

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Jan 30 16:33:40 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 30 January 2013 14:24:45 geo.guide at web.de wrote:
> Hi André,
>
> >This is most likely a missing runtime dll. To see what is missing you can
> > use depends ( http://www.dependencywalker.com/ ) and open the
> > javascript.dll with that. It will show you why > it can't be loaded. My
> > guess is that it is the microsoft c++ redistributabe.
> > >http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=29
>
> Actually there is no 'javascript.dll', only a 'javamapscript.dll' in the
> search path ('C:Programme\MXD2map\mapserver\bin\ms\java\').
Right I just looked myself I only have a javamapscript.dll in there, too.
Weird.

> When I open 'javamapscript.dll' Dependency Walker shows 'Error: at least
> one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found'. This concerns
> the modules LIBMAP.DLL and ZLIB1.DLL. No idea where they should be.
They are in C:Programme\MXD2map\mapserver\bin and should be found
automatically because MXD2map-Shell.bat puts %CD%\mapserver\bin into the PATH
environment variable. The important thing is that MSVCR100.dll is found, that
means it's not the Microsoft Runtime package thats the problem.

I'm pretty clueless as to where this error comes from then. To further debug
it you can start depends.exe from the ms4w-shell (it's important to run it
from the command line so you get the same environment)

For example:
C:\Programme\MXD2map>"C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Dependency Walker\depends.exe" "D:\Program
Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"

And then in depends you can do Profile -> Start Profiling. Set the Starting
directory to your mxd2map installation e.g. C\:Programme\MXD2map
And use as Program arguments: -jar mxd2map.jar

There will be some errors in the log that you can safely ignore but a look at
the last errors and the context leading up to them should provide you with
more information what is going wrong.

> >It would be great if you could update the installation dokumentation
> >(
> > http://hg.intevation.de/geospatial/mxd2map/raw-file/a42923463527/INSTALL.
> >txt ) When you finally succeed so that other won't run into your problems
> > again.
>
> Allright, would I have to send the edited file to you, another specific
> address or just post it here on the mailing list ?
Just send it to this list, I'll commit your changes in the repository.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/