[Openvas-announce] OpenVAS-Client 1.0.4 released
michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Fri Jun 27 13:52:45 CEST 2008
the OpenVAS developers are happy to announce that OpenVAS-Client 1.0.4 has
just been released.
The source code is already available for download (at
http://wald.intevation.org/frs/?group_id=29&release_id=189); binary packages
are expected to follow soon.
This is a consolidation release. Various cleanups and bug fixes are included
in this release. Most obvious is the simplified connection dialog. Also, some
changes to be compatible with future Server updates are already integrated
Supported languages: german, spanish, swedish and hebrew.
OpenVAS-Client is licensed under GNU GPLv2 and may be linked
Main changes since 1.0.3:
* new: Reports now show the name and OID of the NVT together with it's
* new: Support for the upcoming OpenVAS Transport Protocol (OTP) has been
introduced into OpenVAS-Client.
* improved: Command line parsing has been completely reworked.
* fixed: Fixed issues with credential preferences showing up incorrectly in
the preferences dialog.
* fixed: Fixed a bug that could result in filename corruption or segmentation
faults when exporting a report from the OpenVAS-Client GUI.
* fixed: Fixed issues that prevented OpenVAS-Client from compiling without GTK
support. It is now possible to compile OpenVAS-Client without GUI support if
* fixed: Fixed a bug in report conversion that resulted in incorrect memory
allocation on certain 64bit installations.
* fixed: Fixed a bug that resulted in a segmentation fault when connecting
to the server while using an alternate configuration file.
* fixed: Fixed a bug that resulted in a segmentation fault when the user
supplied an inconclusive filename for the results file in batch mode.
* fixed: Fixed a bug that resulted in a segmentation fault when running
in batch mode with a non-existent targets file and the html_graph output
* removed: Support for unencrypted connections has been removed from
OpenVAS-Client since unencrypted connections to the server were no longer
possible since OpenVAS-Server 0.9.0.
* removed: Support for saving reports in the legacy XML format was removed as
this format has already been superseded by a new XML format and was marked
You can find more information on OpenVAS-Client at:
Michael Wiegand OpenPGP key: D7D049EC
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück http://www.intevation.de/
Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
More information about the Openvas-announce