[Openvas-announce] openvas-server 2.0.2 released
michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Wed Jun 3 14:49:28 CEST 2009
The OpenVAS developers are happy to announce the release of
openvas-server 2.0.2. This is the second maintenance release of the
openvas-server module for the Open Vulnerability Assessment System
It fixes some issues discovered after the release of openvas-server
2.0.1 and introduces support for new features. Thanks to the continuing
audit of the code, a number of obsolete, unused and/or unnecessary
functions were identified and removed.
Effects when installing this version:
* The option "Silent dependencies" is now "off" by default. Previously
it was set to "on", openvas-client >= 2.0.2 has already switched to
"off" per default. Note that this may result in larger reports.
* Dependencies: openvas-server 2.0.2 requires openvas-libraries 2.0.2
and openvas-libnasl 2.0.1. You need to install these prior to
* The openvas-adduser script will no longer allow passwords in plaintext
for new users. This means that the openvas-adduser script will refuse
to add a new user if neither openssl nor md5sums is available.
Main changes since 2.0.1:
* OVAL support has been improved and now supports multiple definitions
and results in one file.
* Support for per-host password based local checks has been added.
* Debian packaging files have been updated.
* Dependency searching has been improved to work better with
* openvas-server will now generate a warning if a NVT could not be
* The openvas-adduser script will no longer create the now obsolete
"plugins" directory in the user directory.
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release: Vlatko
Kosturjak, Jan Wagner, Felix Wolfsteller and Michael Wiegand.
Michael Wiegand | OpenPGP: D7D049EC | Intevation GmbH - www.intevation.de
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany | AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-announce/attachments/20090603/fc14a03a/attachment.pgp
More information about the Openvas-announce