[openvas-development] Remove GTK stuff from openvas-core?

Tim Brown timb at openvas.org
Sat Jan 28 01:08:47 CET 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 23:21, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think ot would be a good idea to remove all the GTK code
> stuff (ie. the GTK client) from openvas-core.
> This would make the code much lighter and there are other
> clients around (e.g. NessusClient).
>
> Opinions?
>
> 	Jan

Well, a bonus of doing this would be the development of links with teams
already working on clients, which should encourage more community
involvement.  There is already a thriving community writing tools to interact
with Nessus/OpenVAS and it would avoid unnecessary duplication of work.

I've copied in discuss, since I think that is a more appropriate place for
such a discussion (at least on a philosophical level) and since I know there
are client authors lurking on there.

Tim
--
Tim Brown, OpenVAS