[openvas-development] Reversing debian libgdchart patch

mgt themgt at mail.ru
Sun Jan 29 15:22:20 CET 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:00:05 +0100,
<openvas-development-request at openvas.org> wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:41:37 +0000
> From: Tim Brown <timb at openvas.org>
> Subject: Re: [openvas-development] Reversing debian libgdchart
> patch.....
> To: openvas-development at openvas.org
> On Thursday 29 December 2005 11:49, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 04:14:32PM +0100, mgt wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > So, i found the debian diff here:
>> >
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/nessus-libgdchart-gd2.diff?b
>> >ug=314315;msg=33;att=1
>>
>> Ummm... That's not the Debian diff, the Debian diff is this one:
>> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/nessus-core/nessus-core_2.2.5-3.di
>> ff.gz
>>
>> You have to adjust the patch sections that refer to the files I
>> mentioned
>> so that they don't make the Nessus client compile against libgd (i.e. so
>> that it uses -Igdchart-XXX and does not link against it with -lgd).
> Has anyone (mgt?) had a chance to look at this further?  Just wondering
> if
> bugs.openvas.org needs updating.
> Cheers,
> Tim

Hi!
I compared both patches and picked out the relevant parts, imho.
It does compile without an error, so i think i reversed it succesfully.
I can start nessusd and it seems to work. Although i get this message
when starting: "/usr/var/lib/nessus/services.tcp: No such file or
directory"
But i think this is due to the ebuild and some unsane destdir install
handling.

I have included the two patches i used, maybe they can be combined in one
file, but
i don't know how. gdc_reverse.patch is for nessus/Makefile, the other one
patches
the html_graph_output.c file.
The ebuild should work better now, but seems to have an install
path glitch.

greetz, the_mgt