[Openvas-devel] Started to migrate libopenvas from OpenSSL to GnuTLS

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Fri Jun 15 19:06:10 CEST 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 21:34, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> I've committed the first step to migrate the code of libopenvas from
> OpenSSL to GnuTLS.  The stream functions in network.c now use GnuTLS
> instead of OpenSSL for ssl/tls transport encapsulation.

To implement it, I used GnuTLS 1.4.4, the version coming with debian etch.
The version from sarge, 1.0.16, is not API compatible.  Trying to compile
openvas-libraries with that version fails with a syntax error:

network.c:66: error: syntax error before "gnutls_session_t"
[ many more errors ]

Supporting both, 1.0.16 and 1.4.4 doesn't seem to be possible easily, so I
suggest we go with 1.4.x for now.

   Bernhard