[Openvas-devel] Start: replacing OpenSSL by GNU/TLS

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Mon Mar 26 16:16:10 CEST 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 15:16, Thomas Reinke wrote:
> Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 March 2007 23:25, Norm Donovan wrote:
> >> What is the practical impact of OpenSSL being FIPS approved?  Is GNU/TLS
> >> not FIPS approved?  How does one get FIPS approval?  Since Tenable must
> >> have removed OpenSSL from Nessus3 is Nessus3 not FIPS approved?
>
> There is no reason immediately obvious why OpenSSL would need
> to be removed from Nessus3 that we are aware of, nor would I
> be betting that OpenSSL is not used in Nessus3.

at least the obligations of OpenSSL licenses regarding advertisements
are not fulfilled for some public documents of Tenable advertising
the SSL functionality of Nessus-3. This makes me believe, they replaced
OpenSSL.
Maybe I am wrong with my assumptions about obligations for  advertisements,
though.