[Openvas-devel] [ftpmaster at debian.org: openvas-client_1.0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED]

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Sun Nov 4 22:52:56 CET 2007

On Sunday 04 November 2007 10:58, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> OpenVAS-client was REJECTED, again, due to missing licenses / copyright
> statements from the source.

it is getting a bit bizarre. Maybe just readd it until someone else
of the Debian team will not reject it.
Well, just kidding. But in fact there have been added various packages
with much worse discipline about copyright and license.

> It would be nice if other's could assist in determining:
>
> - which authors have (c) over the code besides Renaud Deraison, DN-Systems
>   GmbH and Intevation GmbH

I think it does not make sense to list all. In the new file COPYING.README
I just wrote that there are various and that details can be found in
respective files.
Other projects just write some like "Copyright by the-project-name development
team" and are accepted as Debian package.
If we are rejected yet another time, we'll add this (IMHO senseless) phrase,
too.

> - which files are not under the GPL license (this includes LGPL, GPLv2 but
>   not any later) etc..

I've added some text into the COPYING.README as well.
However, I regard it not a too big problem to mix GPL, LGPL and so on
as long as the major license is GNU GPL and the rest is compatible.

> I can do the license/copyright audit by myself, but it can take some
> time...

Well, I did the changes to some extent.

test.pdf is removed. That was an accident in the past I guess.

I also like to get rid of gdchart, but this probably means some work
as the autoconf stuff needs to be adjusted.

I can make a new release. But given the unpredictable judgement of
the debian ftpmasters, can we somehow get confirmation about
sufficiency of my changes prior to running through the whole process?

PS: How the hell did nessusclient make it? ;-)

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner                                   Intevation GmbH