[Openvas-devel] [Openvas-commits] r1227 -trunk/openvas-plugins/scripts

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Thu Aug 28 12:30:50 CEST 2008

On Donnerstag, 28. August 2008, Chandrashekhar B wrote:
> This came from the 2005 GPL feed and it has been re-written completely
> except for reusing the script_id and NVT file name. But the "Nessus Script
> License" has been retained. There are many other NVT's that have this
> license infact and also there are NVT's that depend on
> smb_reg_service_pack.nasl which were broken.
>
> So, I can either retain the original license as it is GPL or introduce
> GPLv2.

GPLv2+ is my preference. "+" stands for "or any later version".

If you have re-written it completely, then you should put your authorship
and copyright into the header anyway.

If you did similar works on other scripts, it would be great to clearify
license, authorship and copyright as well.

All the best