[Openvas-devel] Voting on Change Requests #1 - #4

Tim Brown timb at nth-dimension.org.uk
Wed Feb 20 01:35:04 CET 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 00:08:24 Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to call for voting on the change requests #1 - #4,
> listed here:
>   http://www.openvas.org/openvas-crs.html
>
> Naturally, I am in favour of all 4 of them :-)
> However, please read and judge whether it is a good
> or bad idea or wether it needs further refinement.
>
> I am not totally sure about the proper voting scheme.
> Tim, Robert: Does SPI require something special or
> do we just decide upon a simple voting?

The full details as we expressed them in the constitution can be found at
http://seedsforchange.org.uk/free/consens, but it essentially comes down to a
show of negative hands.  If noone raises strong objections against an idea
then we can proceed.  One thing that isn't defined is the period in which
people need to respond in order for an objection to be considered.  In the
past I've seen people work on the 24 hour rule, but since we're spread across
multiple continents and time zones, I'd propose a longer period.  OTOH we
can't have an indefinite period of time.  How about 48 hours with an
gentlemens agreement not to start a call for voting over weekends.

Tim
--
Tim Brown
<mailto:timb at nth-dimension.org.uk>