[Openvas-devel] [Openvas-discuss] Voting on Change Requests #1 - #4

Thomas Reinke lists at securityspace.com
Wed Feb 20 05:03:49 CET 2008

#1 Adding script_oid(): In favour.
#2 Insufficient knowledge of use scenarios to form a vote opinion, but
    comments as follows:

    NSR is, AFAIK, not broken w.r.t semi-colons.  The actual NTP
    protocol has the same issue of being line oriented - the server
    replaces all semi-colons with newlines. NSR just carries this
    issue through to its code. Thus removing NSR does not solve
    the semi-colon issue, that can only be done by adding
    support to both client and server to support escaped semi-colons.

    As such, using the semi-colon problem as a justification to remove
    NSR doesn't make sense.

#3 Removal of plugin factory: In favour.
#4 Plugin upload: In sufficient knowledge of use scenarios
    to form a vote opinion.

Thomas