[Openvas-devel] Planning 2.0-beta2 release

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Thu Nov 13 14:09:15 CET 2008

Hello,

as a follow-up to my mail regarding the road to 2.0, I would like to
start planning for the 2.0-beta2 release of openvas-libraries,
openvas-libnasl, openvas-server and openvas-client.

We are almost done with the proposed changes for 2.0; especially over
the last few days, we were able to eliminate quite a number of bugs. I
think it is time we get -beta2 out and give it a last round of testing
before we finally release 2.0.

As I mentioned before, 2.0-beta2 is intended to be feature-complete,
meaning all features intended for 2.0 are supposed to be in the code
of -beta2 to allow enough time for testing before we relase the final
version.

If there is anything you would like to add before -beta2 is released or
if you have other objections to this release schedule, please let me
know as soon as possible.

If there are no more obstacles, I would like to do the release in the
next few days, possibly as early as Friday.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Wiegand |  OpenPGP key: D7D049EC  |  http://www.intevation.de/