[Openvas-devel] Fwd: 64 bit cleanless - 2nd part...

Stjepan Gros sgros.ml at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 08:38:35 CET 2008

and the second part...

Stjepan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stjepan Gros <sgros.ml at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Openvas-devel] 64 bit cleanless
To: openvas-devel at wald.intevation.org

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Michael Wiegand
<michael.wiegand at intevation.de> wrote:

> I'm looking forward to your other patches; usually patches should be
> limited to one subsystem at a time. But if you have already prepared
> your patch, please do send it, I'll split it up when I commit.

Attached is a last set of patches. Some of them purely cosmetic, but
majority to remove compiler warnings. Also, I removed --enable-install
option in plugins because I don't see a reason to require root
privileges to install plugins. This requires configure to be
regenerated (which is not included in the patch).

> If you want to do your own commits in the future, please consider
> creating an account on http://wald.intevation.org and join the OpenVAS
> project. You should get SVN write access pretty quickly.

I already created, my username is sgros

And two questions:

1. when patches for plugin directory change will be acceptable?

2. (almost) the same files are in openvas-client/libnessus and
openvas-libraries/libopenvas. could it be possible to remove the
duplicates in openvas-client and then require openvas-libraries to be
installed before openvas-client can be installed?

Stjepan