[Openvas-devel] Fwd: 64 bit cleanless

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Fri Nov 14 15:28:53 CET 2008

On Freitag, 14. November 2008, Stjepan Gros wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Jan-Oliver Wagner
> > However, it might be a good idea to wait for this until
> > these strange data structure (arglists, hargslists) are replaced
> > by standard ones (from glib) which I guess will even provide better
> > performance.
>
> Yes, this is a good idea. Is anybody working on this?

I am not aware of anyone approaching this.
It is not a too simple task.

My idea was that we should start with a
struct NVT_Desc {} in OpenVAS-Client and step-by-step
change to this strucure (which members are some Glib Datacontainers)
all over the client. Probably some lessons need to be learned.
Once finished this, the gained experience should be good
enough to approach the server.

In the meantime we'll try to make the server as light as possible
to increase readability of this code ;-)