[Openvas-devel] Change Request #19: discussion open

Joey Schulze joey at infodrom.org
Sat Nov 22 11:40:32 CET 2008

Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> Am Thursday 20 November 2008 12:47:05 schrieb Felix Wolfsteller:
> > Reformatting all the old code seems to be a bit destructive to me at the
> > moment
>
> I am strictly against reformatting of code where no other changes happen.

If the source is being reformatted, reformatting should be committed
to the repository *without* any code changes.  Otherwise code changes
are hidden (burried) within reformatting and are very difficult to detect.

> > (should have been done directly at fork times).
>
> The intention not to do it was to have Nessus patches still apply to OpenVAS
> and vice versa. Well, Tenable rapidly closed down any access to their SVN. So
> it was only for the benefit of Nessus ;-)

Hmm... so that's not an argument anymore...

Regards,

	Joey

--
No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book