[Openvas-devel] Voting on Change Request #18

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Mon Nov 24 12:37:56 CET 2008

On Montag, 17. November 2008, Joey Schulze wrote:
> I have submitted another change request and would like to ask for
> feedback and your votes on this issue.  The change request covers an
> Improvement in the handling of false-positives.  It is online at
> http://www.openvas.org/openvas-cr-18.html
>
> If implemented this feature will help users recognise false-positives
> in generated reports easier.  It will provide a means to re-prioritise
> certain tests up to considering them false-positives.  The client GUI
> would be improved to display false-positives differently than real
> vulnerabilities and offer a way to alter priorities of certain tests.

I've rephrased the CR a little bit.

It's adressing an issue from an early survey still described here:
http://www.openvas.org/roadmap.html
("Plugin severity override")

IMHO it is a very important issue and I vote +1 on it.

I added the need to define a format for this filter data.
Specifying this is probably the first thing to start with.