[Openvas-devel] Voting on Change Request #21: Improved sorting of vulnerabilities

Joey Schulze joey at infodrom.org
Thu Nov 27 10:43:25 CET 2008

Felix Wolfsteller wrote:
> Sounds good to me, just two remarks that could be included:
>
> 1) exported reports (most important pdf, i guess) should follow this scheme as
> well. I guess, this would follow from the changes in nbe/backend, but i am
> not 100% convinced.

I haven't yet seen those reports.  If they list vulnerabilities in the
same order I'd expect the output generators to require adjustments as well.

The PDF file already lists "Holes | Warnings | Notes" which seem to be
in the proper order already.

> 2) Of course the priorities-to-be of CR#18
> (http://openvas.org/openvas-cr-18.html) have to be integrated nicely, too.

That's the least difficult part...

I'd expect a false positive to be less important than a low priority
vulnerability, so it'll be added at the right end of the scale.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.   Paul Erdös