[Openvas-devel] Voting on Change Request #18

Joey Schulze joey at infodrom.org
Thu Nov 27 15:17:05 CET 2008

Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Montag, 17. November 2008, Joey Schulze wrote:
> > I have submitted another change request and would like to ask for
> > feedback and your votes on this issue.  The change request covers an
> > Improvement in the handling of false-positives.  It is online at
> > http://www.openvas.org/openvas-cr-18.html
> >
> > If implemented this feature will help users recognise false-positives
> > in generated reports easier.  It will provide a means to re-prioritise
> > certain tests up to considering them false-positives.  The client GUI
> > would be improved to display false-positives differently than real
> > vulnerabilities and offer a way to alter priorities of certain tests.
> I've rephrased the CR a little bit.
> It's adressing an issue from an early survey still described here:
> http://www.openvas.org/roadmap.html
> ("Plugin severity override")
> IMHO it is a very important issue and I vote +1 on it.

You're the only one who has voted on this issue.  What to do now?

> I added the need to define a format for this filter data.
> Specifying this is probably the first thing to start with.

Do you see a problem of using the regular place, i.e. the openvasrc
file, for the proper scope?

We only need script_id + host + new priority.  Having this information
in the scope configuration gives us the benefit of having different
scopes for the same task where the user is able to specify priorities

A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.   Paul Erdös