[Openvas-devel] Voting on Change Request #18

Joey Schulze joey at infodrom.org
Thu Nov 27 15:17:05 CET 2008

Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Montag, 17. November 2008, Joey Schulze wrote:
> > I have submitted another change request and would like to ask for
> > feedback and your votes on this issue.  The change request covers an
> > Improvement in the handling of false-positives.  It is online at
> > http://www.openvas.org/openvas-cr-18.html
> >
> > If implemented this feature will help users recognise false-positives
> > in generated reports easier.  It will provide a means to re-prioritise
> > certain tests up to considering them false-positives.  The client GUI
> > would be improved to display false-positives differently than real
> > vulnerabilities and offer a way to alter priorities of certain tests.
>
> I've rephrased the CR a little bit.
>
> It's adressing an issue from an early survey still described here:
> http://www.openvas.org/roadmap.html
> ("Plugin severity override")
>
> IMHO it is a very important issue and I vote +1 on it.

You're the only one who has voted on this issue.  What to do now?

> I added the need to define a format for this filter data.
> Specifying this is probably the first thing to start with.

Do you see a problem of using the regular place, i.e. the openvasrc
file, for the proper scope?

We only need script_id + host + new priority.  Having this information
in the scope configuration gives us the benefit of having different
scopes for the same task where the user is able to specify priorities
differently.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.   Paul Erdös