[Openvas-devel] Remove "report_verbosity" and "log_verbosity" ?

Michael Meyer mime at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 11:09:13 CEST 2009

Hello,

*** Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de> wrote:
> Apparently they are meant to reduce the report volume.
> To me this looks like a broken concept, because any NASL script
> has to add consideration in a correct way instead of solving
> this in a central place.

I use "report_verbosity" in a lot off my '*_detect.nasl' Plugins since some
time.  If the user checked  "Quiet" in the Client under "Prefs->Global
variable settings->Report verbosity", my '*_detect.nasl' Plugins will not report
about a found Software, only store something in KB. So, IMHO, it could make sense
to have a global Option "report_verbosity" for such Plugins.

Micha