[Openvas-devel] Idea: Detector for silent exit's

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Wed Apr 15 09:31:04 CEST 2009

On Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, Chandrashekhar B wrote:
> > I was more having in mind to catch all the "exit()'s without telling why".
> > If we extend the syntax of exit, then we need to touch all the scripts.
>
> Function arguments can be implemented as optional, so we don't need to touch
> the existing scripts.

I know, but it adds a redundant method to write some sort of log info and it
is not clear to NASL developers what the meaning is. I prefer to stay
with log_message() and then exit().

However, issueing the log_warning in case no message has been issued before
exiting is a helful step in either case.
BTW: we need to take care the case when the scripts are called for description.

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner | ++49-541-335083-0  |  http://www.intevation.de/