[Openvas-devel] OTP 1.0 client in ruby

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Wed Jan 7 09:04:30 CET 2009

* gautam chekuri [ 7. Jan 2009]:
> 5. I just wanted to ask if there is anything else that I might want to refer to.

One thing you should keep in mind is that the days of OTP are numbered
as we are planning on replacing it with a new and improved protocol as
described by Jan in
http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-devel/2008-December/001227.html
.

This protocol will probably make writing other clients a lot easier,
so it might be worth it for you to wait a little while and save a lot of
time and headaches. ;)

I will most likely put up a first draft of the protocol specification in
the next few days and write a change request which will then be
discussed. I'd recommend you keep an eye on openvas-devel and join us on
IRC if you want to stay up-to-date.

Regards,

Michael

--