[Openvas-devel] Changes to cache file handling

Stjepan Gros sgros.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 22:53:53 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Jan-Oliver Wagner
<jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de> wrote:
> Hello Stjepan,
>
> I've further analysed your API requirements for openvas-libraries.
> You introduced a "subdir" param for two functions of store.c.
> AFAIU, this subdir is the path between the cache_dir and the actual
> filename.
>
> My changes to store_plugin and store_load_plugin
> allow to have arbitrary paths for filename. So you can
> combine subdir and filename when calling the function.
> (Perhaps use g_build_filename() for this).

I can't remember why I did this that way (i.e. that subdir is
separately handled). Probably there could be some optimization in
combining the subdir and filename. But, one of the possible problems,
as I remember, is that implicit include dir is subdirectory, relative
to a top level plugin directory, where plugin resides. If I combine
the two (filename and subdir) than I have a problem to get back subdir
in order to put it into a list of include directories.

SG