[Openvas-devel] Changes to cache file handling

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Fri Jan 9 23:23:27 CET 2009

On Freitag, 9. Januar 2009, Stjepan Gros wrote:
> > My changes to store_plugin and store_load_plugin
> > allow to have arbitrary paths for filename. So you can
> > combine subdir and filename when calling the function.
> > (Perhaps use g_build_filename() for this).
>
> I can't remember why I did this that way (i.e. that subdir is
> separately handled). Probably there could be some optimization in
> combining the subdir and filename. But, one of the possible problems,
> as I remember, is that implicit include dir is subdirectory, relative
> to a top level plugin directory, where plugin resides. If I combine
> the two (filename and subdir) than I have a problem to get back subdir
> in order to put it into a list of include directories.

Directory "." can easily be determined by removing the filename.
Directory "/" for the plugin dir can't. But thats not necessary,
because this directory is (should) always be set via store_init().

But maybe there are other good reasons for doing so. Once we find
one it is fairly easy to switch to the subdir idea. For the time being
I thought it would be good to not break API.

BTW: Have you tested how your patch works for dependencies on other
NASLs?

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner | ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/