[Openvas-devel] [openvas-Bugs][871] False positives in OpenVAS with relation to SMB, ssh and HTTP services

openvas-bugs at wald.intevation.org openvas-bugs at wald.intevation.org
Thu Jan 15 04:02:56 CET 2009

Bugs item #871, was opened at 2009-01-15 11:02

Initial Comment:
I just completed openVAS scans on 3 large network ranges. There are some specific concerns I would like to hightlight in making the report easier to analyse. For all the IPs in the network range OpenVAS returns the following port results,

SMB: All of them have failed the test. This is documented in the report
SSH: All except the real ssh ports have failed the test but still listed in the report
HTTP: All except the real web services have failed but is still listed as empty nikto scan.

It would be great if we can remove these false positives or excessive information making analysis of results faster and more effective.