[Openvas-devel] Updated CR#25 on WMI

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Fri Jan 16 13:07:02 CET 2009

Hi,

Chandra updated CR#25 into direction of WMI support:
http://www.openvas.org/openvas-cr-25.html

IMHO it is almost ready for voting.

Chandra: the sample code shows no return of results?

I move my mind about daemon approach: Perhaps it is easier
to have a wrapper library for wmi-calls and have a "wmi_init();"
mandatory. This init function will lower privileges of the current process.
IMHO this would simply the solution a lot while taking care no additional
security problems are introduced.
Am I right with miy thougths? Does this idea make sense?

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner | ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/