[Openvas-devel] [Openvas-commits] r2172 - in trunk/openvas-client: . src/util

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Fri Jan 16 20:42:01 CET 2009

On 09.01.2009, scm-commit at wald.intevation.org wrote:
> Modified:
>    trunk/openvas-client/ChangeLog
>    trunk/openvas-client/src/util/g_hash_table_file.c
>    trunk/openvas-client/src/util/g_hash_table_file.h
> Log:
> * src/util/g_hash_table_file.c (g_hash_table_read): renamed to
> g_hash_table_file_read.

We should avoid function names and other identifiers that use prefixes of
libraries we use.  In this particular case, g_hash_table_file_read looks like
a name that glib might actually define at some point in the future and then
we will run into linking problems.  Also, when someone see
g_hash_table_file_read in the openvas code they will assume that this
function comes from glib and wonder why they can't find it there.

All functions and other identifiers defined by OpenVAS that are not limited to
a single file should have prefixes that clearly identify them as parts of
OpenVAS.

   Bernhard

--
Bernhard Herzog  |  ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/