[Openvas-devel] Cygwin x11 forwarding, error?

Chris Wood chriswoodut at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 17:37:55 CET 2009

I've setup OpenVas 2.0 on Debian etch.  Because there isn't a windows client
for 2.0 yet, I'm trying to use cygwin with x11 forwarding to run the scanner
from my laptop.  (My server is in a closet and doesn't have a monitor, so
running locally on the server would be a pain.)

When I start OpenVas-Client, it starts up just fine.  As soon as I hover my
mouse cursor over one of the buttons on the toolbar, the program crashes
with the error below.

Any suggestions?

svr:~# /usr/local/bin/OpenVAS-Client
The program 'OpenVAS-Client' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 3936 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)