[Openvas-devel] Updated OMP Specification
michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Thu Jan 29 10:24:56 CET 2009
I have updated the OMP specification, based on your feedback, analysis
of the client code and a few new ideas. :)
You can find the update specification together with the change request
Main changes include:
- The unique ID is now assigned by the client; this should help the
client to better differntiate between response for multiple new_task
- IDs are included in most responses to improve error handling.
- A lot of information has been moved from elements to attributes to
improve the OMP structure and to simplify parsing.
- Four new commands have been added: get_rules, get_certificates,
get_preferences and get_dependencies.
- Some elements and attributes have been renamed in favor of a more
consistent naming scheme.
- The get_nvt_details_oid and get_nvt_details_all commands have been
merged into the get_nvt_details command which now takes an optional
Those decisions are not intended to be final, especially the placement
of data in elements or attributes. If you have any suggestions, I am
looking forward to your feedback.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to point out
Michael Wiegand | OpenPGP key: D7D049EC | http://www.intevation.de/
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 206 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Openvas-devel