[Openvas-devel] Going to retire 1.0 (?)

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Mon Oct 5 08:36:05 CEST 2009

Hi OpenVAS developers,

according to our retirement procedure
  http://www.openvas.org/release-life-cycle.html

I would like to starte the retirement of 1.0 around Oct 15th
so that the final end of life is mid of January.
The pre-condition is met (2.0 available since Dec. 2008)
and I volunteer to be the retirement coordinator.

Are there any concerns from the developer side about
the retirement of 1.0.

1.0 is part of some distributions that continue to have it
as "stable". Does this cause any implications?
(OpenVAS is surely not the only product that has
end-of-life-dates no matching the ones if distributions).

The advantage of retirering 1.0 is that we can use some 2.0
features for NASL scripts in the feed.

All the best