[Openvas-devel] OpenVAS NVT Feed as Tarball

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Thu Oct 22 11:45:59 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have created tarballs of the current OpenVAS NVT Feed for a while now
and have been uploading them to the OpenVAS webserver. I'd like to
announce that I will make this permanent now and will ensure a tarball
is uploaded with every feed update.

The tarball will be available at
http://www.openvas.org/openvas-nvt-feed-current.tar.bz2
and contain the current feed content with all OpenVAS Transfer
Integrity signatures and the md5sums for all NVTs.

This should help users behind a strict firewall or proxy without rsync
support to update their feed.

This means that the openvas-nvt-sync script contained in the
openvas-scanner module can now be adjusted to support synchronization
via http if rsync fails.

Any volunteers?

If there are any questions or suggestions, feel free to reply to this
mail.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Wiegand | OpenPGP: D7D049EC | Intevation GmbH - www.intevation.de
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany   |    AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998