[Openvas-devel] OpenVAS NVT Feed as Tarball
kost at linux.hr
Thu Oct 22 18:37:20 CEST 2009
Michael Wiegand wrote:
> I have created tarballs of the current OpenVAS NVT Feed for a while now
> and have been uploading them to the OpenVAS webserver. I'd like to
> This means that the openvas-nvt-sync script contained in the
> openvas-scanner module can now be adjusted to support synchronization
> via http if rsync fails.
> Any volunteers?
Sort of ;)
Here's my version of openvas-nvt-sync script. It's complete rewrite of
- removed bashism
- can use rsync, wget and curl (and failing back with that order)
- can force each option via --rsync --wget and --curl
- only check feed via --check
- can set various script options through environment (like NVT_DIR)
- can set proxies through http_proxy env, wget/curl will respect it
- and of course, there is --help now ;)
As this is frequently used and very important script, I haven't commited
it to SVN, but I'm letting you to try first. If you don't find bugs on
friday(tomorrow) - i'll commit it to SVN,
Because script is configure ready, if you want to try it out and sync -
you should do the following:
Let me know if you have any comments...
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Openvas-devel