[Openvas-devel] Preparing OpenVAS 3.0: features and timeline

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Mon Sep 7 14:43:23 CEST 2009

On Monday 07 September 2009 12:22:22 Felix Wolfsteller wrote:
> Personally, I would like to see at least these two features in 3.0:
>
> - Integration of a library for doing the ssh stuff

IIRC, no one yet volunteered to do that.
I don't regard this a blocker for 3.0.

> - Service identification revamped/nmap

thats CR#40 currently being voted.

> We also should have logging done right at some point. I expect this being too
> much work for 3.0, though (correct me).

yes, that was missing on my wish list.
Laban works on it. And Matt did some improvements.
I've seen no master plan for finalization of this feature.

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück
AG Osnabrück, HR B 202460 | Geschäftsführer: Lukas Grunwald, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner