[Openvas-devel] Preparing OpenVAS 3.0: features and timeline

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Mon Sep 7 15:50:39 CEST 2009

On Monday 07 September 2009 15:31:48 Chandrashekhar B wrote:
> I have two items in my agenda, to write CR's for,
> - Description separation from the code in NVT's

I don't think this big change should be with 3.0.
There are too many details to be discussed, evaluated
and tested.

> - SMB library integration for SMB/DCERPC packet crafting.

A work that can be started already (with preparing a CR).
We can see how fast it gets done and flexibly decide
whether to make it part of 3.0 or not.

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück
AG Osnabrück, HR B 202460 | Geschäftsführer: Lukas Grunwald, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner