[Openvas-devel] Preparing OpenVAS 3.0: features and timeline

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Thu Sep 10 14:04:42 CEST 2009

* Geoff Galitz [10. Sep 2009]:
> While I like the names, I'd like to recommend at this point that anything
> with a "d" on the end not require the "-D" option to go into daemon mode.  A
> trailing "d" is a defacto standard that specifies an application will
> automatically daemonize itself.

I agree. In fact, this is the way openvasmd (openvas-manager) already
behaves; it backgrounds by default and requires a -f (--foreground) to
stay in the foreground. IMHO, that is the way it should work in openvasd
as well.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Wiegand | OpenPGP: D7D049EC | Intevation GmbH - www.intevation.de
Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück, Germany   |    AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998