[Openvas-devel] (Better) Naming Conventions for libraries and includes

Felix Wolfsteller felix.wolfsteller at intevation.de
Fri Sep 18 09:52:35 CEST 2009

We need some conventions for our libraries and includes.

libs
----
In current trunk, openvas-libraries builds a couple of libraries (e.g.
libopenvasmisc, libopenvashg, libopenvas_base and libopenvas_nasl).
Should(nt) we consistently use underscores to separate the "sub" libraries?

includes
--------
We are also somewhat messy regarding the includes of files from outside the
module, like
#include "whatever.h"
#include <whatever.h>
#include <openvas/whatever.h>.
Currently all headers are installed to (include/)openvas, but it makes sense
to make clear to which module the files belong and to avoid clashes (e.g.
omp.h for the OpenVAS Manager Protocol and not OpenMP).

So we could install the headers from openvas-libraries/base to
 (include/)openvas/base
and include e.g. via
#include <openvas/base/nvti.h>
.

Objections/ideas/alternatives/oppinions/support?
-- felix

--
Felix Wolfsteller |  ++49 541 335083-783  |  http://www.intevation.de/
PGP Key: 39DE0100