[Openvas-devel] Getting rid of openvasclient-mkrand

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Mon Sep 21 10:17:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

in directory openvas-client/ssl there is still the C program
for gathering some sort of entropy in absence of /dev/urandom.

I neither think this tool is needed today anymore nor do I think
it is the task of OpenVAS to care about entropy. Other tools
should be employed for this. GNUTLS/libgcrypt tries its best already and
they surely to better than we do.

So, I think we can remove openvasclient-mkrand entirely.
Opinions?