[Openvas-devel] [Openvas-distro] [Fwd: [Openvas-commits] r5095 - trunk/openvas-libraries]

Matthew Mundell matthew.mundell at intevation.de
Mon Sep 21 15:31:25 CEST 2009

> openvas-libraries ship with libnasl and openvas-lib now. As client
> doesn't need libnasl, should:

There is also the OMP library to consider.  Soon there'll be libopenvas_net
too.  OMP clients could require only libopenvas_omp, so if we're choosing
[1], it should be possible to choose only that library.

> [1] we have more pkg-configs files for each configuration - e.g.
> libopenvas-nasl for linking server type versions
> libopenvas-client for linking client type versions
> (or any other naming convention)

Probably something like libopenvas-base, libopenvas-net, libopenvas-nasl
and libopenvas-omp.  libopenvas_misc could be provided by libopenvas_base,
I think.

> [2] ..or we should have single pkg-config which will link all libraries
> and that's it?

This is a much simpler immediate solution.  It's what libopenvas-config is
doing now.