[Openvas-devel] [openvas-Bugs][1125] openvas-libraries does not build properly

openvas-bugs@wald.intevation.org openvas-bugs at wald.intevation.org
Tue Sep 29 16:56:13 CEST 2009

Bugs item #1125, was opened at 2009-09-29 14:56

Initial Comment:
TBH I'm a bit confused how I am supposed to compile that thing since
it's some mix of autoconf & cmake.

The problem is that if I use "%configure" (which sets --prefix,
--exec-prefix, --mandir et al automatically) it fails with
http://pastebin.ca/1582809 . Also you can see that it uses e.g.
-DOPENVAS_STATE_DIR=\"/usr/var/lib/openvas\" and
-DOPENVAS_SYSCONFDIR=\"/usr/etc/openvas\" - as in it prepends the
prefix where it doesn't belong.

Contrary, if I just use "./configure" without any arguments it
compiles fine but all the stuff is bellow /usr/local which isn't right
either.

So how am I supposed to set a proper prefix? In other words, you
should IMHO either use cmake or autoconf and not mix them but if you
insist on mixing them make it so "%configure" can be used since it
sets all the proper locations automatically.